29 Oct Burns – Addition (Garage & Living Space)
- Identifying the Client Needs – Critical for the success of any project was understanding the needs of the client. In this case, we had a growing family with 2 young girls, lack of storage, basement laundry room, aging parents who wish to visit and the only spare rooms are in the basement with no bathroom.
- What Did We Do? – All these factors add up to the design and building of a 24’ x 26’ addition at with 2 car basement level garage and a first floor addition with bedroom, office, bathroom and main floor laundry.
- The addition was designed to allow for a 3 ft off set from the existing home to provide contract between the new and existing siding, all windows were completed to be identical with the original and the roof line maintained the same pitch to blend perfectly. As will all additions we design, the new should look as if it has always been and most certainly belongs.
- Upgrades to the home electrical system with a new 200 amp service, with wiring rough-in for future heat pumps, installed by Evergreen Electric (CHBA-NS Member)
- With this addition, this client can expand and grandparents can visit their grandchildren whenever they want and truly be part of the day to day activities without have to struggle with basement stairs.